What is QuickSearch?
- all FedUni book and electronic book titles (everything from UB catalogue)
- all FedUni library collections no matter where or what type of material
- all our journals and e-journals by title
- most of our journal articles (except a small number of specialised databases)
- FedUni ResearchOnline
Sign in for full functionality. You can save searches and articles to your eShelf, review and tag items, check your library records and more.
Refine searches to show results by availability, full text or peer reviewed articles only, year, or subject.
If you prefer you can still search the Library catalogue, or any of the databases by themselves too. A handful of databases are unable to be searched within QuickSearch, these can be searched individually (see list ).
What happened to the Catalogue?
The Catalogue still exists, you can either search it through QuickSearch or go back to the native interface. The Catalogue link is on QuickSearch header.
You can also search for specific databases through the link to Databases A-Z, or electronic journals via e-Journals A-Z link (green arrow).
Articles Search tab
The Articles tab searches across a predefined set of subject specific databases covering major subject areas of the University. (The same as NaviGatePlus- our predecessor search engine).
- If you are looking only for articles; the results will be mostly articles.
- If you are looking for results from a specific subject area of databases, not as broad as QuickSearch.
- If you are Ok with a mix of Full text and non Full text. You can not narrow to only full text.
- If you are wanting only full text articles. You can narrow to Full text only.
- As you can see a range of results including e-Books, books and articles. Broader range of material than Article search.